Whenever I’m asked to name my “favorite” recipes from my cookbook, I just can’t do it! Here’s the thing: all of the 130+ recipes ARE my favorite.
- I tested every recipe 6+ times (though most were tested many more; you can read about recipe testing here), until each was so delicious, it made me (and my independent recipe testers) DANCE around the kitchen.
- I agonized over every detail, from making sure each ingredient truly mattered for the recipe and was easy to find, to writing instructions that were crystal clear, to keeping the dishes you’d have to wash to a minimum, to providing useful tips, like how to store, reheat, and repurpose leftovers.
- I opened myself up and shared personal stories in the recipe headnotes. I wanted this book to be fun to read!
- I cooked the food for the photos! Every recipe has a gorgeous photo to go alongside it.
Hearing how much you are loving the book has made it all WORTH IT!
- We are up to nearly 370 positive reviews. THANK YOU!!!
- Every single review is helpful and brings me more joy than I can express. (If you purchased a copy and haven’t left a review yet, please consider taking a moment to do so here. It matters SO MUCH♥.)
We’ve had some extra excitement since the book came out also!
- I cooked live on Good Morning America, was featured in People Magazine, had an interview on NPR, and have a few upcoming segments in the works too (sign up here to stay up to date—I’ll send you my most popular recipes and book news).
- I’m also giving away more than $4,000 in prizes (Dutch ovens, pro kitchen knives, grocery $, and more)! Entering is free and easy. There’s only few weeks left to enter, so GET ON IT. You can enter as many times as you want, and it’s still anyone’s game. Find all the details here.
To celebrate the turn of the season, I’ve rounded up 12 recipes from The Well Plated Cookbook that are perfect for busy school nights, cooler fall nights, and game days.
These recipes are all my favorite but TELL ME: what’s YOUR favorite recipe you’ve tried from the book so far?? Please comment below and let me know. I’d love love to hear from you!
PSST!!! If you still need your copy of The Well Plated Cookbook, you can snag it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, IndieBound, Boswell Books (Erin’s local bookstore; call to see if they have a signed copy!), or just about anywhere books are sold.
1. Every Day Apple-Cinnamon Pancakes (page 55)
These are probably THE #1 breakfast item you’ve been posting to social media. The batter is all made in the blender, so it’s easy-peasy and the apple topping is to die for.
2. Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip (page 68)
This will make you the most popular person at any party. Luscious, creamy, and filled with caramelized onions and bacon. Need I say more?
3. Maple Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Arugula (page 95)
Undoubtedly fall’s favorite salad. Sweet cubes of butternut squash roasted with maple syrup, then tossed together with hearty farro, plump cranberries, and walnuts.
4. Sheet Pan Tandoori Chicken (page 131)
This recipe is so delightful, I shared it live on Good Morning America. It’s a simple, super flavorful all-in-one-meal with tender chicken, warm spices, vegetables, and chickpeas.
5. Butternut Squash, Chicken, and Wild Rice Casserole (page 164)
This one tastes like a cozy hug in a dish. It has so many of my favorite fall ingredients, and the leftovers taste even better!
6. Italian Turkey Sausage Skillet with Farro, Greens, and Beans (page 139)
This one-pan gem shines with robust flavors, comes together in short order, and reheats like a dream. A universal favorite amongst my recipe testers!
7. Blue Ribbon Chili (page 228)
Rich, thick, and aromatic, there is no better dish to warm your insides on a cool fall day or fill it during the big game. A few of you have already won chili cook-offs with this one!
8. Slow Cooker Crispy Pineapple Pork Carnitas (page 217)
Juicy, slow-cooked pork in a double whammy of spices and sweet pineapple. It creates its own stick glaze as it cooks.
9. Better-Than-a-Restaurant Baked Cauliflower Parmesan (page 170)
A lightened-up twist to a classic Italian dish, the crispy yet tender cauliflower and fresh sprinkle of parmesan dazzle on their own as a meatless main, or pair great with a salad or pasta.
10. Spaghetti Pie (page 194)
One of three excellent recipes the book gives you to devour my hearty, healthier Bolognese sauce, Spaghetti Pie makes for comfort flavors and convenient leftovers the whole family will crave.
11. Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes (page 250)
Brown butter gives this naturally sweet vegetable luxurious richness, so it will woo the masses at any holiday gathering. But don’t let that fool you; it’s equally sublime and easy for a casual weeknight at home.
12. Everyone’s Invited Apple Crisp (page 294)
I promise there’s no better way to enjoy the apples you picked from a beautiful day at the orchard. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup, and naturally gluten free, this crisp is the essence of autumn. I make it for my girlfriends every fall!
BONUS! Because we all need this today:
13. Double Trouble Fudge Cookies (page 270)
These supremely fudgy cookies taste like a cross between a cookie, brownie, and flourless chocolate cake. A must-try for any chocolate lover.
This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you.