*Annabel my daughter enjoying yogurt*
So why did I decide to do Baby Led Weaning with Annabel?
Short answer: because I am lazy *winks*
- I read up on traditional weaning methods and baby led weaning and decided that BLW would suit me better (basically skipping purée)
- You don’t need to buy lots of equipment
- The baby gets used to eating the same kind of food you eat (although I admit I became a lot more conscious of what I was eating and started eating a lot more fruit! – bonus)
- It helps them to develop fine motor skills and teaches them to chew before they swallow
- They get messy and it’s lots of fun!
I’m so glad I did. Annabel loves her food now – mealtimes are not a battle. She has what’s she’s offered and either eats it or she doesn’t. No drama.
So fingers crossed Alexander takes to it as well – although the blog would probably be more interesting if he doesn’t!
Few more pics of Annabel!